The Field Services Division represents the largest commitment of departmental resources; a commitment that underscores the department’s foremost dedication to the protection and preservation of public safety. Division responsibilities include responding to calls for service as well as finding solutions for a wide variety of problems within our community. The division is made up of six patrol teams, Canine officers, the traffic bureau and the crisis response team. Every day the officers of the Elk Grove Police Department provide value based policing to the citizens of our community. The goal is to continue to work toward fulfilling the department’s mission, vision and values.
Elk Grove Police Department – Mission, Vision, and Values
Mission: Our mission is to continually improve the quality of life in Elk Grove through:
• Strong community outreach and partnerships
• Fair and impartial interactions
• Promoting public safety through prevention, intervention and enforcement
• Developing and promoting a diverse professional work force
Vision: Through dedicated and highly skilled staff, we aspire to deliver world-class public safety service that meets the changing needs of a diverse community through partnerships built on mutual respect and trust.
• Empathy: We demonstrate sensitivity and compassion for others.
• Collaboration: We dedicate ourselves to working with stakeholders to find solutions to emerging community and organizational challenges.
• Diversity: We embrace the uniqueness of all members of our community and our organization.
• Safety: We commit to providing a safe environment through which all can enjoy a high quality of life.
• Respect: We respect all members of our community and organization and create an environment that encourages teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
• Integrity: We pledge to uphold our position of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards and adhering to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
• Service: We proudly provide professional service in a manner that is fair, courteous, responsive, efficient and effective.
Captain Paul Solomon
Field Services Division
Phone: (916) 627-3724